Starting early in the summer,we began to make changes at CIS and, by end of summer, we had a new organizational chart and several new faces, as well as saying goodbye to some people:
- Susan Selhorst retired.
- Beverly Kelley retired.
- We hired a new Instructional Designer, Elly Schofield ’13
- We hired Brian Reid into a regular position as Technical Analyst
- We hired Tony Xu as a Technical Analyst. Tony also has expertise in AV systems. He comes to us from Broadcom and started on September 28.
- Michael Meyka started a new project on October 1 as a Video and Media Archivist; Michael will no longer be working on day to day AV operations.
- Yi Sheng (Aaron) Ong ’19 has joined us in a part time position.
- Patricia Carpenter will join us in a temporary technical analyst position.
As well as all making all these personnel changes, we reorganized, reducing the number of supervisors in CIS:
- Cindy Abercrombie, Assistance Vice President and Deputy CIO will oversee three areas, CIS Administrative Services, User Support Services and Student Information Systems.
- Elizabeth Hodas, Senior Director, Educational Technology Services, will concentrate exclusively on supporting students and faculty in teaching and learning. Elizabeth leads a team that includes expertise in scientific computing, instructional design and audiovisual media.
- Mitch Shacklett, Senior Director, Systems and Network Services, focuses on the management of our cloud services, in-house servers and the HMC and CINE networks.
For the full organization chart and a list of all the CIS Staff see https://www.hmc.edu/cis/